Thursday, June 4, 2015

What I Have Learned So Far

Meditation is old and honorable, so why should I
not sit, every morning of my life, on the hillside,
looking into the shining world? Because, properly
attended to, delight, as well as havoc, is suggestion.
Can one be passionate about the just, the
ideal, the sublime, and the holy, and yet commit
to no labor in its cause? I don’t think so.

All summations have a beginning, all effect has a
story, all kindness begins with the sown seed.
Thought buds toward radiance. The gospel of
light is the crossroads of — indolence, or action.

Be ignited, or be gone.

--Mary Oliver




No comments:

Post a Comment

All That Is Gold Does Not Glitter

  All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached b...